The Irish Life Experience was founded on the belief that cultural exploration can play an important role in helping to develop a young adult’s identity. Since 1998, our executives, managers, teachers and counselors have successfully led countless groups of students to the Emerald Isle.
Our experienced team is dedicated to helping students learn the Irish culture and Irish traditions, as well as maintaining the highest level of education, safety, and fun. The superior experience and safety that the Irish Life Experience Team provides is only matched by the quality selection of educational workshops, classes, and fun-filled Irish tours provided to each student.
Goals of the Irish Life Experience include:
- To provide students with the opportunity of living and learning in a different cultural environment.
- To provide each student with a broad understanding of the cultural, economic, political, and social life in contemporary Ireland.
- To provide an international travel experience which inspires students to explore other areas of the world.
By the end of the Irish Life Experience, each participant will have:
- Experienced campus living with their peers from all over North America.
- Developed an understanding of the evolution of Irish social and political history from early AD to the present day, as well as how developments in Ireland have affected and influenced the rest of the world.
- Read and reflected on the works of several authors from both contemporary and past Irish and Anglo-Irish literature.
- Learned and been able to participate in the joys of Irish folk dancing.
- Been introduced to the basics of the Irish language.
- Working knowledge of Irish drama, music, and song.
- Engaged in and have a general understanding of Irish sports; such as Gaelic football, hurling, and rugby.